Gamers Platforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» American home
Post your Map names here EmptyThu Dec 18, 2008 9:52 am by Eeen

» Japanese Home
Post your Map names here EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:56 am by Ace

» Japanese account names
Post your Map names here EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 5:43 am by Ace

» How about a club called:-
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm by Eeen

» Does any one have a club?
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:39 pm by Spruijt

» Japanese playstation HOME part 1
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 11:19 am by Eeen

» me me me me me
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 9:52 am by iKandy

» We've all got the Beta
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:38 am by iKandy

» Grid Night
Post your Map names here EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 am by PhilN

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Post your Map names here Empty

Post your Map names here

2 posters

Go down

Post your Map names here Empty Post your Map names here

Post  Eeen Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:08 am

I've been spending way too much time making maps and not enough time playing the game.
It's pretty addictive, but before you know it it 2 o'clock in the morning and you've been in create mode for the last 6 hours.
LATEST PSN FAR CRY MAP FROM ACEGADGET is:-
Desert Eruption , a village in the centre of a volcano with lots of deep passages and gun emplacements around the top edge.
Fortress Ravine, strated out as angry ace's map which rebiult with more use of the mountain ledges and a fortress on one side.
Eeenitrian Delta, which started as Spruits oasis and just got bigger and bigger.
I'm gonna have to actually start playing on them, seems a shame not to share them.
Eeen
Eeen

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post your Map names here Empty Beach uprising by Acegadgets

Post  Eeen Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:47 am

Another night spent in map create mode.
This ones called Beach uprising and will be best played in uprising mode which is quickly becoming my favorite multiplayer game. The only problem is half of the time the person that is the captain who has to capture the control points doesn't realise he is the captain and runs around getting killed like a " poulet bête ". Half the time they are french so I'm learning a few phases such as " vous êtes le capitaine " and " hé stupide, allez au point de commande" .
Not working very well, either my phrasebook is wrong or they have me muted.
Eeen
Eeen

Back to top Go down

Post your Map names here Empty New Maps

Post  Spruijt Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:42 am

Eeen wrote:I've been spending way too much time making maps and not enough time playing the game.
It's pretty addictive, but before you know it it 2 o'clock in the morning and you've been in create mode for the last 6 hours.

Absolutely, times flies when you're making maps. Cudos on the maps m8, they're great.

Here are mine:
Death Valley. My first one. A big jungle level that has a lake in a valley in the middle of it surrounded by mountains. Quite fun if everyone moves to the centre, but has some bugs in it.
Scorched Earth. Sniper level. It's a desert setting with 2 oasis and rock formations to hide behind. Be carefull not to get burned though.
Cliffhanger. Big jungle level with a ravine in the middle. You might get lost in this one, because of the density. Only fun when the room is full.
Fort Farcry. My latest creation. A big rocky cliff on the beach with 2 fortresses on them. Down on the beach lie 2 little settlements which provide cover and sniping possibilities against people who take refuge in the fort above.

I noticed that I've made the levels a tad too big, especially when you are with a few people. It's hard to get a room full, as there are lots of rooms and everyone wants to play their own level. I'll try to make some small maps when I'm not so busy at work. Keep you posted.
TIP: try and see what type of game has few rooms open and set your gametype to it. Uprising for example, when you start it up you'll get a full room in no time.
Spruijt
Spruijt

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post your Map names here Empty Re: Post your Map names here

Post  Eeen Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 am

I like the uprising game the best , but find that i'm in a large minority. Theres only usually 3 or 4 games to join with 1 or 2 players and when you join you have to send lots of invites out to get 1 or 2 more in.
I think most of the maps, including mine are way to big for the amount of players that you get in. I'm going to make really small maps from now on designed so that just 3 or 4 can have a good game. one I did last night is called
Threeman Island. 2 or 3 players could actually play in it but its large enough to accomodate a lot more if they join. I think it would work very well all all game modes, 2 or 3 could just play deathmatch, but if you get a few players in, uprising would work well.
Give me an invite next time you are on Spruijt
Eeen
Eeen

Back to top Go down

Post your Map names here Empty Playstation@home

Post  Eeen Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:44 am

Is the new name for my latest creation. It was great fun making maps but it seems that all the players who make maps on far Cry 2 have difficulty getting people to play on them. Everyone thinks their own maps are brilliant so set up a room and send out loads of game invites, then wait and wait and when yopu look at all the multiplayer games that are available to play on 90% on the rooms have one player in them hoping that a few people will join in and the creator can show them just how brilliant their maps are. Funny thing is I am one of those sad bastards who do just that , although I do soon get fed up if no one turns up and go and make some other sad nerd really happy by joining there one man room for an epic game of team deathmatch, Wth one player on each team.
So if by some remote chance a few far cry playeres who have maps want to have a map sharing event in which a few players get together and play everyones maps , not just their own, please let me know.
Eeen
Eeen

Back to top Go down

Post your Map names here Empty Re: Post your Map names here

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down